Amber is a valuable property and should be treated as such. Store your amber in the provided Grech & Co. closable pouch to avoid oxidation. Keep separate from other contents to avoid scratching or breakage.
In caring for your jewelry:
- Wash amber in warm water (without any soaps or chemicals). With a soft cloth, remove any film or build up covering the amber. This will allow the succinic acid to better release from the beads.
- You can polish your amber with olive oil to bring more shine if you wish.
- Do not expose to chemicals, chlorines, soaps, make up, or perfumes.
- Store in your Grech & Co. drawstring bag to avoid exposure to oxidation and scratches from harsh surfaces.
- To recharge your amber, cleanse with warm water and allow to dry in the sun for up to 3 hours; take care not to over expose to the sun. For more recharging tips see Metaphysical Properties.